The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
- I do not consider email as an appropriate medium for counseling. Email is not always confidential and cannot be guaranteed to be an effective or timely means to respond to an issue or urgent need. Email will therefore, only be utilized as a choice to schedule an appointment.
- Texting is not an accepted method of communicating with this office and therefore, I will not respond to texts.
- North Shore Mental Health Counseling PLLC does not respond to crisis situations and/or emergencies. Please call 911 for emergencies.